Monday 14 February 2011

Kitchen Prep

Hello to one and all and whomever else may be reading this! It seems like blogging is the way forward for any creative types who want to express their views and so I thought it was high time that I started my own. If I'm totally honest, this preliminary blog is more of a tester if not anything else... I mean, how is one supposed to go about starting a blog, anyway? It's not like a newspaper article where you cushion readers into the main themes with a snappy summarial (that should be a word) headline, or like a book where you surely have to start with some sort of exposition or other (unless you're a super-avantgarde writer like Dan Brown). At any rate, it didn't feel right to just jump in with any old topic and start spouting off like Dale Winton at a cocktail party he hasn't been invited to so, here it is, my introductory post. Maybe one day I'll look back on it when this blog has made me famous with a wry nostalgic grin as if to say "I remember you, you old dog. My first furore into the written abyss that is the world wide web. How naive you were in your first tedious steps; hovering over this literary e-chasm without even bothering to attach a bungee cord. You learnt, young me. You learnt." Well... either that or "you sound like a right twat".


Anyway, over the next however long I bother to keep this up I will post my writ and ramblings with regards to whatever topics take my fancy. They may be serious posts, they may be whimsical, they will almost always be satirical. So, if that's what you're in to...


WATCH THIS SPACE
(Well, the space above this one. Otherwise you'll just be reading the same post over and over again. And that would be lunacy).

No comments:

Post a Comment